Monday, March 7, 2011

The Art Party is Over for Now

Yesterday was the wind up with the rain pouring down on me returning from the Moving Image Installation in Manhattan.  It was a dark, comfortable and quiet space with people listening to audio on headphones as they watched installed video monitors, each with individual artist statements or video projects of one kind or another.  I arrived twenty minutes before the close of the show and was able to image the scene.  People were very gracious and said nothing about the flash I was obliged to use in the dark setting.  I even had a moment to meet, Edward Winkleman, Director of the the Winkleman Gallery and chief executive of the Moving Image Project.  I left with a nice, meditative feeling which is what I got from the installation.

No comments: